When we check in to a hotel, we expect a certain level of security. Your room is your home, and you have a right to be safe. Unfortunately, many hotels take the position that they are not responsible when an attack takes place on the premises.
At the Finney Law Office in St. Louis, Missouri, our attorneys have pursued compensation for injured people since 1981. If you have been injured or a loved one is killed due to a breach in hotel security, contact us for a free initial consultation to discuss your case. Our lawyers have recovered millions of dollars in compensation for our clients.
Liability For Hotel Security
Hotels are often havens for crime. When hotel management is aware of the risk of crime on its property, it has a responsibility to take affirmative steps to protect guests from harm. This area of law is known as premises liability.
Most hotel franchises have policies to protect guests from assault injuries. Examples include:
- Ensuring that all windows have working locks
- Preventing access to rooms by third parties
- Installing video cameras and lights in parking lots and other areas where crimes may occur
- Providing private security when warranted
When a guest is assaulted by a third party in a hotel, the management may say that it is not responsible for the actions of the third party. However, there are circumstances when the hotel or motel is responsible. Examples include:
- If the establishment did not follow its own security policies
- If the assault was foreseeable due to similar attacks in the area and the establishment did not take an affirmative action to protect guests
Free Consultation | St. Louis Hotel Liability Lawyers
Protect your rights. Call 314-646-0300 to schedule a free consultation with our Missouri hotel security lawyers.