Daniel Finney Jr.
St. Louis, MO Personal Injury Lawyer
I don’t want to do anything else and would probably quit the law if I couldn’t do this.
I used to have listed in this profile all the different awards I had received. The number of completed trials. The noteworthy cases I successfully concluded. But those are past accomplishments. Past accomplishments rarely drive anyone. What drives me is the next challenge to the safety of the community. I adopted this mission as our firm motto: Protecting the Community One Case at a Time.
Frankly, I just have a hard time with letting the big guys, the corporations and the insurance companies, get away with it. Maybe it’s because I am Irish. But maybe it’s because it’s the right thing.
Thanks for reading this.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Saint Louis University School of Law, J.D. – 1978
- Saint Louis University, B.A.
- 100 percent of practice devoted to litigation
- 1978 – Missouri
- 1981 – U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- 1992 – U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers – Only 5% of Missouri attorneys have membership.
- National Trial Lawyers Association Top 100 Lawyers – Top 100 attorneys in Missouri.
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum – Fewer than 1% of U.S. attorneys become members.
- American Society of Legal Advocates – Less than 1.5% of attorneys nationwide are chosen.
- American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys – 10 best attorneys in the state.
- AVVO Clients’ Choice Award – This recognition is bestowed upon attorneys who have received at least fifteen 4-star reviews.
- 2014 – Best Attorneys of America | Rue Ratings (only 100 attorneys from each state are inducted)
- Best Lawyers 2016 – This distinction is bestowed upon the most esteemed in the legal profession, and only recognizes the top 4% of attorneys in the country.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member
- Missouri Bar Association, Member
- American Association of Justice, Member
- American Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- St. Louis Bar Association, Member
- Missouri Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Member
- Lawyers Association, Member
- Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America, Member
- National Trial Lawyers Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
Past Employment Positions
- 1978 – 1981 – St. Louis Circuit Attorney’s Office, Assistant Circuit Attorney