Breathe in…and hold. Relax.
Now repeat—under the Gateway Arch in St. Louis, that is.
Join other yoga enthusiasts (and beginners) at Yoga Under the Gateway Arch!, the Jefferson National Expansion Memorial. The event includes a free class with instructors from South City YMCA and is held on Saturdays at 9 a.m.
The last weekend for the St. Louis event is September 28, weather permitting.
Still skeptical? Never tried yoga?
Here are six life-improving benefits to regularly hitting the yoga mat in St. Louis, selected by Self:
- Makes you happier. Doing an hour of asanas helps yoga enthusiasts raise their levels of the brain chemical GABA by twenty-seven percent.
- Eases your pains. Yoga helps ease pain in your lower back and improves your posture.
- Helps you sleep. Generally, people who do yoga fall asleep fifteen minutes faster and sleep for an hour longer after doing a forty-five-minute series of yoga poses daily before bed.
- Raises confidence. Women who regularly practice yoga rated their body satisfaction twenty percent higher than those who took aerobics.
- Tones entire body. You’re using your body weight to move from posture to posture, lifting every pound of it.
- Gives a sense of calm. Women who practiced yoga at least once a week for two years or more released forty-one percent less of tension-triggered cytokine that makes you feel tired and moody.
We at the Finney Law Office, LLC encourage you to get fit under the Gateway Arch at this great, relaxing event on Saturdays in September!