If you could contribute to saving lives and do something really healthy for yourself at the same time, would you?
If the answer is yes, then there is an event in St. Louis this June that is perfect for you. The Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure will take place in downtown St. Louis on Saturday, June 14.
The Komen Race for the Cure Series is the largest series of 5K runs/fitness walks in the entire world. The race raises funds for the local fight against breast cancer, celebrates breast cancer survivors, and honors family members and friends who have lost their battle with the disease.
In fact, 75 percent of the funds raised through this race stays in the St. Louis community to support innovative breast health and breast cancer screening, education, and support programs. What about the other 25 percent of funds?
That money goes toward national breast cancer research programs, including important research that is being conducted in St. Louis.
Not only is this a fun way to get together with family, friends, and the St. Louis community to go on a run for health and happiness — this race actually contributes to helping the victims of breast cancer.
If you are interested in registering for the race, you can visit the website and sign up. Through events like this one, St. Louis has invested more than $39 million in the fight against breast cancer — you can make that number even more impressive by donating and participating.
Photo Credit: Komen Austin via Compfight cc