The death of a Missouri infant has lead to Wal-Mart pulling a batch of baby formula from nearly 3,000 of its stores’ shelves. The infant was given the formula and later became very ill and died. It is suspected that the formula may have been contaminated with a bacterial infection.
There has not been a federal recall at this time, but the Enfamil Newborn Powder has been taken off the shelves nationwide. The product in question is manufactured by Mead Johnson Nutrition and have a lot number of ZP1K7G.
The products were pulled after the infant’s death even though they did not test positive for contamination before they were shipped. The batches were pulled from the shelves for reasons of extreme caution while the death is investigated.
Our deepest condolences are with the friends and family of the victim.