Daniel Finney Jr.
St. Louis, MO Personal Injury Lawyer
Dan graduated from St. Louis University Law School in 1978. Before entering private practice in 1981 he worked as an Assistant Circuit Attorney in the City of St. Louis prosecuting felonies. During his tenure there he tried to completion and won more jury trials than any other attorney on staff. He has been admitted to practice in Missouri, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri and the Southern District of New York, and the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals. Dan is a lifelong St. Louis resident.
He and his wife have seven children, three of whom are lawyers. He has five grandchildren. Dan has served on the Board of Directors of various local charitable organizations. Dan has spent many, many hours coaching his kids in soccer, basketball, and baseball. He is a history buff and plays the guitar and fiddle poorly.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Saint Louis University School of Law, J.D. – 1978
- Saint Louis University, B.A.
- 100 percent of practice devoted to litigation
- 1978 – Missouri
- 1981 – U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- 1992 – U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers – Only 5% of Missouri attorneys have membership.
- National Trial Lawyers Association Top 100 Lawyers – Top 100 attorneys in Missouri.
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum – Fewer than 1% of U.S. attorneys become members.
- American Society of Legal Advocates – Less than 1.5% of attorneys nationwide are chosen.
- American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys – 10 best attorneys in the state.
- AVVO Clients’ Choice Award – This recognition is bestowed upon attorneys who have received at least fifteen 4-star reviews.
- 2014 – Best Attorneys of America | Rue Ratings (only 100 attorneys from each state are inducted)
- Best Lawyers 2016 – This distinction is bestowed upon the most esteemed in the legal profession, and only recognizes the top 4% of attorneys in the country.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member
- Missouri Bar Association, Member
- American Association of Justice, Member
- American Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- St. Louis Bar Association, Member
- Missouri Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Member
- Lawyers Association, Member
- Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America, Member
- National Trial Lawyers Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
Past Employment Positions
- 1978 – 1981 – St. Louis Circuit Attorney’s Office, Assistant Circuit Attorney