Many assault crimes on private premises could be prevented, provided that the property owners take proper precautions. However, many hotels, restaurants and other facilities assert that they are not responsible for violent crimes that happen on their properties.
Does a person who has been assaulted have a civil course of action against a negligent property owner? For some victims of violence, the answer is yes. An assault victim may also seek to recover damages from the person or persons who committed the violent act.
The Finney Law Office is a firm that represents victims of assaults in personal injury litigation. Since 1981, we have provided results-oriented representation in cases involving property owner negligence, including:
- Felonious assaults committed by acquaintances or strangers
- Inadequate security in hotels and other hospitality establishments
- Overly aggressive bar bouncers and nightclub staff
- Assaults occurring in private schools and school facilities
- Sexual abuse in nursing homes and residential care facilities
- Failure to properly vet security personnel and other employees
- Sexual assault and deviate sexual assault by teachers, priests, pastors and other persons entrusted with authority
- Other types of property owner negligence
Missouri Sexual Assault Attorneys Representing Victims Of Violence
When you retain the Finney Law Office, we will undertake a comprehensive legal effort designed to obtain full compensation for your financial losses and suffering. Our attorneys will investigate the events leading to the assault, analyze the many complex legal issues that your case raises, and identify potential sources of compensation. The Finney Law Office will seek full compensation for all economic and noneconomic losses, including medical costs, lost income, and pain and suffering.
Free Consultation — Contact Us Today
Contact the Finney Law Office for a free consultation with a St. Louis assault victim lawyer.