Daniel Finney III
St. Louis, MO Personal Injury Lawyer
“Dan Finney III…this man is an exceptional attorney and in my opinion a truly phenomenal person in general!!! He not only saw me through a very emotional case, he has and is still helping me repair other aspects of my life…Dan Finney III (3D as I like to call him) is sincerely concerned with the heartache and metal stress that his clients have been subjected to and I am proud to say this man is truly my HERO!!!”
“From the moment I met Dan III, until my case was over, I was amazed by his work ethic, his compassion, and his down to earth attitude. He always kept me in the loop and always made me feel like my opinion mattered. Even when I was frustrated by something that wasn’t anyway related to him after his part was over, he went out of his way to make things right. I couldn’t recommend Dan enough. He is truly one of the good guys.”
Dan III graduated in 2005 from St. Louis University School of Law, which he attended on an academic scholarship, and began his legal career at the City of St. Louis Circuit Attorney’s Office, where he tried felony gun and drug cases. Since joining Finney Law Office in 2008, Dan III has recovered millions of dollars for his clients in all manners of claims, including but not limited to automobile negligence, premise liability, medical malpractice, legal malpractice, breach of contract, and employment discrimination.
Dan III is a lifetime member in the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum and was one of 68 lawyers statewide to be honored by Missouri Lawyers Weekly as a 2016 Up and Coming Attorney.
Dan III is licensed to practice law in the States of Missouri and Illinois, the Eastern District of Missouri Federal Court, and the Court of Federal Claims in Washington, D.C. He is a member of the American Association for Justice, Missouri Bar, Illinois State Bar Association, and Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys.
Dan III is a board member for Birdies for Bipolar, a 501(c)(3) charitable organization dedicated to raising funds and awareness for individuals and families struggling with mental illness. Dan III also coaches boys and girls soccer, Equations math team, is a scout leader, and an Ironman® finisher. He lives in University City with his wife and two children.
Areas of Practice
- 100 percent of practice devoted to litigation
Recognitions and Awards
- 2016 – Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum Member – Membership is limited to attorneys who have won million and multi-million dollar verdicts, awards and settlements. Fewer than 1% of US lawyers are members.
- 2016 – Up & Coming Lawyer | Missouri Lawyers Weekly – (Chosen as 1 of 56 attorneys that have demonstrated excellence and their potential to make a difference in the legal profession and their communities. The award recognizes lawyers who are 40 or younger, or within 10 years of practice)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Missouri Bar, Member
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys, Member
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, Member
Past Employment Positions
- 2005 – 2007 – City of St. Louis Circuit Attorney’s Office, Assistant Circuit Attorney